Today is Naomi Moon’s 2nd birthday – how is this possible?! I was going through photos from her 1st birthday and couldn’t believe that my once chubby baby who was wobble walking back then is now a tiny human that can converse and say things like, “Hello Mommy, Good Morning”.
I know it’s only a matter of time when she’ll slowly slip away from me to become her own person, and all I can do is to cherish the moments and hold on to things I want to remember about her close to my heart.
From big to small things, here are some of the things I want to remember about my 2-year old Naomi.
· She’s a splitting image of her dad and she also has his relaxed personality.
· She’s got my strong personality – stubborn and grit.
· She might be shy, but once she gets to know you, she’s not afraid to show her feelings and shower you with love.
· Her death stare. Those who have seen it know what I’m talking about.
· She can count from 1 to 13, sing the ABC song, and will occasionally say, ‘Sh*t!’
· She loves singing in the car and she has her own playlist depending on her mood for the day. ‘Johnny Johhny, Yes Papa’ is currently on high repeat these days.
· Her love for Batman, Superman, as well as glittery shoes and bags.
· Laughter and play is a big part in our house and she’s definitely showing her silliness side by cracking jokes, or doing something ridiculously funny. Last night, when Anthony came home from work, she was eating watermelon with the juice all over her hands and body. She wanted to wipe her sticky hands on Anhtony’s suit, so she chased Anthony around the house yelling ‘Hug you! Hug you!’
· Her observant nature is impressive that it often surprises Anthony and I. She likes to observe things before trying something new and will immediately get it the first try. She can also spot an airplane in the sky whilst in a moving car!
· Her compassion towards others. I remember silently crying one day, and she came over with a concerned look on her face, put her hand on my cheeks, and said ‘Mommy, you OK?’
· I want to remember her sweet, gentle soul. How much she cares about other, and her sweet and loving nature. She’s very content wherever she is, just as long that the people she loves are around her.
· There are so many moments when I feel like such a failure as a mom, but a hug from her as she nestles her little body under my arms, makes me feel that I must be doing something right.
· And as she fell asleep last night, I looked at her intently trying to take a mental picture of the shape of her face, her beautiful eyes, her heart-shaped lips, her tiny body, and this intense feeling of love I feel for her every day.
Happy Birthday my sweet little lapin.
A special thanks to With a Little Grace Photography for capturing a special day for us. For bookings, please email: [email protected]