GIFT GUIDE FOR HIM 2016
“Men don’t care about shirts and ties” – Anthony
For this year’s gift guide for him, I’m taking my husband’s advice and geared this guide towards ‘men and their toys’. As a fashion blogger, my first instinct is to get my husband a buttery soft leather jacket or a tie for my brother-in-law so, it was a bit of a struggle for me to put this together as I am not well versed with the latest gadgets and technology. Good thing my husband was there to help me put some recommendations together. This list includes household items for someone who loves to host parties, for the photo enthusiasts, and other useful things that the men in your life will thank you for. All these items are available in Doha except for one.
- Flexson Digital Turntable, QR 2399, Virgin Megastore: There are a number of vinyl players on the market but this is the serious stuff that men love. Not only is this a really good record player, it can also be used as a sound system by plugging it to a powered speaker.
- Artifact Uprising Photo Book, from $69: This is an exception to my Qatar-based list because I really want to include it here. Anthony is a wonderful photographer and I made and designed a hard cover photo book for him as a Christmas present using Artifact Uprising. I get asked a lot on where I had it done because of its quality printing and production. Designing the book through the website is super easy, and the production takes 5 working days and international shipping takes about maximum 10 working days.
- Powerup 3.0 Smartphone Controlled Paper Airplane, QR 199, Virgin Megastore: I consider this an adult paper airplane. You can maneuver the airplane via Bluetooth and can fly up to 55 meter range.
- Avea Portable Mood Light, QR609, Virgin Megastore: This is a nice lightweight lamp that’s great for indoor and outdoor area. The lighting and color can be adjusted from your phone, iPad or Apple watch.
- Leatherman Surge Multi tool, QR545, Carrefour: Anthony has been using this multi tool for 10 years now and it’s still going strong. It’s a fantastic all-rounder multi-tool that is portable enough to slip in the pocket or have it stored in a drawer somewhere.
- Canon Selphy CP 1200 Photo printer, QR 549, Salam Store: A great product for dads or new fathers who likes to keep and appreciate physical photos on display or as a memorabilia as opposed to the digital versions lost among the 1000 photos in your phone’s camera roll.
- Dual Card holder, QR 183, Ted Baker in Lagoona Mall: Men like slim wallets that they can just slip in their back pockets so this card holder works as it has a lot of compartments for different cards but can also hold case in the middle.
- Timex Men’s Indiglo Rugged Field Chronograph Watch, QR 500, City Center and Landmark kiosk: If there’s anything men love about fashion are watches. It’s probably the only thing they collect fashion-wise. Timex watch is going back into fashion. This watch is a great versatile casual watch that’s also affordable.
- LaCie Porsche Design Mobile Drive, QR 759, Virgin Megastore: Whether your guy loves movies, music, or photos, this is a great and functional gift. The 2TB memory makes it handy to be used for a number of years.
- Magisso Cooling Ceramic Cooler, QR279, Virgin Megastore: This is great gift for guys who likes to host house parties. Soak in water for a few minutes and it will keep items cool for 2-4 hours. And you can also label the cooler using a chalk.
- Scottevest Jacket, QR 421, Mosafer in Hyatt Plaza and Medina Centrale The-Pearl Qatar: this travel vest is perfect for a man who doesn’t like lugging around a carry-on. This will keep his gears like phone, iPad, passports organized in a vest. It’s lightweight and distributes the weight evenly so it doesn’t look like you’re shoplifting!
- Key Cable by Native Union, QR112, Salam Store: Never worry about USB chargers ever again with this keychain. The cable goes where you go, giving you access to any USB power outlet. It’s available in both lightning connector and Micro USB connector.
- Nespresso Lungo cups, QR 100, Nespresso: For coffee-lovers, this Nespresso cups set is a great gift. It’s easy to clean, durable and makes for a good-looking espresso to be used on a daily basis or used when guests pop by your house for coffee.